Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gluten free, dairy free, very yummy chicken tacos!

We eat a clean gluten/casein (the protein found in dairy products) and no refined sugar diet. At first it was hard to find meals that my kids would eat. We've since gotten more used to eating this way. This meal is cheap, easy and has become a favorite for the whole family!

I give credit to the recipe idea to my friend Valerie, although I've done my own thing with it.
I took a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs, although you can use chicken breast too, and I put them in a 4 quart slow cooker with a can of organic diced tomatoes, aproximately 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp cardamom, and 2 garlic cloves chopped finally. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with corn tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, ketchup or whatever else catches your fancy.
My picky eater cleans his plate every time I serve this.


Freya eats so much for such a tiny girl!


And of course, I stuff my face with several... after all I am eating for two, right?



I also make cumin pinto beans for Michael as he doesn't eat meat as often as us.



No comments:

Post a Comment